Hiring Contract Hitting & Fielding Coach to Prepare for 19th Asian Games
English version only
Posted on 20 February 2023 Re: 19th Asian Games (第十九屆亞運會)
The Hong Kong Baseball Association is looking for a Hitting & Fielding Coach to assist the Head Coach in training the Hong Kong Men’s National Baseball Team to prepare for and participate in the 19th Asian Games (the Games) that to be held from 23 September to 8 October 2023 in Hangzhou, China.
The employment is made on a contract basis for a period starting from March 2023 to mid-October 2023. Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide technical support to the Head Coach of the Hong Kong Team in preparing and implementing Hong Kong Team training on and off the field
- To supervise the selected national team athletes to keep their best physical and psychological conditions throughout the training and games periods for the Games
- To assist the Head Coach in evaluating and selecting the best performing athletes into the Team, fine-tuning the training program and formulating game strategies for the Games
- To prepare regular individual and team reports on the training
- To co-ordinate with the Strengthen & Conditioning Coach to keep the athletes in top shape and prevent sports injury
- To submit a written report on the effectiveness of preparation and performance within 14 days after finishing the Games
- Knowledge of applying statistics to measure training effectiveness and performance is an advantage.
Terms and Conditions for the Employment:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant coaching experience at national team, professional team level or high-performance team
- Good track record of coaching experience at the international competition level
- Good knowledge in formulating game strategies, evaluating the performance of athletes and complying with the anti-doping regulations
- Good communicative and organizing skills
- Good command of written and spoken Chinese OR English
The employment is made on a contract with the duration from March 2023 to mid-October 2023. The Hong Kong Baseball Association will assist the appointed coaches in applying for a working visa from the Hong Kong Immigration Department. It usually takes 30-45 days to process the employment visa for Hong Kong.
The monthly salary is HK$40,000 (approx. US$5,100) inclusive of all terms and conditions. Estimated number of working hours: 45 hours per week following the training schedule and requirements, including on-field training, evaluation reports and required paperwork.
Food and lodging in Hong Kong, international transport, local travelling expenses and any extra charges/fees all are at the appointed coach’s cost. Application Method:
Interested parties, please send their full resumes with photos and training plan to the Hong Kong Baseball Association by email (SG@hkbaseball.org
) on or before 27 February 2023
. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview through an electronic device.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. * All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used for employment and related purposes only.