Hiring Coaches to Prepare for Youth (U18) Baseball5 Asia Cup 2023
English version only
Posted on 29 November 2022 Re: Youth (U18) Baseball5 Asia Cup 2023
The Hong Kong Baseball Association is looking for coaches to prepare for and participate in the Youth (U18) Baseball5 Asia Cup 2023 (the B5 Asia Cup) that to be held on February 2023 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote Baseball5 to local community
- To provide technical and tactical support to the Hong Kong Baseball5 Team (the Team) in preparing and implementing Hong Kong Team training on and off the field
- To supervise the team to keep their best physical and psychological conditions throughout the training and games periods for the B5 Asia Cup
- To evaluate and select the best performing athletes into the Team, fine-tuning the training program and formulating game strategies for the B5 Asia Cup
- To coordinate with the Strengthen & Conditioning Coach to keep the athletes in top shape and prevent sports injury
- To complete an evaluation form on team preparation and performance within 14 days after finishing the B5 Asia Cup
- Must hold the qualification of Baseball5 Coach or applied for 2022-23 Baseball5 Coach Certification Programme organized by the Hong Kong Baseball Association
- Must be a registered Baseball5 Coach of HKBA
- Relevant coaching experience at national team, professional team level or high-performance team is preferred
- Good track record of coaching experience at the international competition level
- Good knowledge in formulating game strategies, evaluating the performance of athletes and complying with the anti-doping regulations
- Good communication and organizing skills
- Good command of written and spoken Chinese OR English
- Indicate of practice and tournament goals
- Formulation of training plans and related materials (physical and other means)
- Execution of training plan and review mechanism
- Development of skills and players strengths
- Draft of game strategies
- Show understanding of the BB5 game and rules
- Communication with players (and parents)
- Report of training progress and result to Hong Kong Baseball5 Steering Committee (establish guidelines for progress reporting and updates)
Terms and Conditions for the Employment:
The appointed coach provides the coaching service as a self-employed person and has to comply with the Notes to Coaches and Code of Conduct; to implement the preparation effectively and lead the representing team to achieve the set performance goals.
The appointed coach is legally responsible for his/her negligence in causing property damage or personal injury of a third party; must insure for Professional Indemnity X General Liability Insurance (專業責任保險及公眾責任保險) during the coaching period.
He/she has to complete and submit a tax return in accordance with the Inland Revenue Ordinance and fulfil the Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Schemes Ordinance to enroll himself/herself as a self-employed person. Servicing Period:
December 2022 to February 2023 (upon completion of the B5 Asia Cup).
Preparation allowance is HK$467 per hour, and participation allowance is HK$1,300 per day.
Interested parties, please apply through email email@example.com with completed Coach Recruitment Form
and a training proposal by 6 December 2022
. The Association will contact the short-listed candidates before 8 December 2022 for an interview. * All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used for employment and related purposes only.