English version only
Posted on 10 May 2021
Re: 14th National Games (第十四屆全國運動會)
The Hong Kong Baseball Association is looking for a Contract Pitching Coach from overseas
to assist our Head Coach to train the Hong Kong Men’s National Baseball Team to prepare for and participate in the 14th National Games (the Games) that to be held in Shaanxi Province during 4-12 September 2021. The employment is made on a contract basis for a period starting from mid-June 2021 to mid-October 2021; may be extended to December 2021 to prepare for the Asian Championship.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide technical support to the Head Coach of the Hong Kong Team in preparing and implementing Hong Kong Team training on and off the field
- To supervise the selected national team athletes to keep their best physical and psychological conditions throughout the training and games periods for the Games
- To assist the Head Coach in evaluating and selecting the best performing athletes into the Team, fine-tuning the training program and formulating game strategies for the Games
- To prepare regular individual and team reports on the training
- To co-ordinate with the Strengthen & Conditioning Coach to keep the athletes in top shape and prevent sports injury
- To submit a written report on the effectiveness of preparation and performance within 14 days after finishing the Games
- Knowledge of applying technology (Rapsodo & Motus) in baseball training is an advantage
Terms and Conditions for the Employment:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant coaching experience at national team, professional team level or high-performance team
- Good track record of coaching experience at the international competition level
- Good knowledge in formulating game strategies, evaluating the performance of athletes and complying with the anti-doping regulations
- Good communicative and organizing skills
- Good command of written and spoken Chinese OR English
The employment is made on a contract with the duration from mid-June 2021 to mid-October 2021/December 2021. The Hong Kong Baseball Association will assist the appointed coach to apply for a working visa from the Hong Kong Immigration Department. It normally takes 30-45 days to process the employment visa for Hong Kong.
The monthly salary is HK$40,000 (about US$5,100), inclusive of all terms and conditions. Estimated number of a working hours: 30-40 hours per week following the training schedule and requirements, including on-field training, evaluation reports and required paperwork.
Food and lodging in Hong Kong, international transport, local travelling expenses and any extra charges/fees all are at the appointed coach’s cost.
Interested parties please send in their full resumes with photos and suggested training plans to the Hong Kong Baseball Association by email (SG@hkbaseball.org
) before 31 May 2021. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview through the electronic device.