English version only
Level 1 (Elementary) Baseball Coach Certification Program
24-28 March 2016 Hong Kong
Organizer : Hong Kong Baseball Association (HKBA)
Supported by : World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) and Hong Kong Coaching Committee
Course Description : This programme is designed for people who are currently coaching in baseball teams in the community or have an interest in baseball coaching to develop their knowledge with basic sports theory, team management skills, local rules and guidelines.
Medium : English only
* Updated Program Schedule & Instructors' Bio (as at 15 March 2016)
* Course Details * Application Form (Local) * Application Form (Overseas)
Important Note: For overseas participant, please communicate with your local National Baseball Federation about the recognition of this coach education programme.
- Former Team USA Coach
- President of Caliendo Sports International and part owner of Coaches Video Library an on line coaches training program.
- National and International speaker on the development of training coaches how to train players properly.
- Will be presented by the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA), largest amateur baseball association in the USA with the meritorious award.
began his career as a physical education teacher in the UK. During this time, he coached a small group of national-level track and field athletes and served as a British team coach. He then left the UK to study at the University of Oregon in the US where he also coached for six years. He was then employed as a coach briefly at the former Jubilee Sports Centre in Shatin before working with the Chinese national team in Beijing for Nike for more than two years. He then returned to coach at Oregon and the University of California, Berkeley. During this time, he coach South Korean and Indonesian athletes as a contract coach for Nike.
In 1991, Dennis returned to Hong Kong to establish the Hong Kong Coach Programme for the Sports Development Board. He was appointed Technical Director and Director of the Hong Kong Sports Institute in 1993 and 1994, respectively. In 1998, he joined the University of Hong Kong where he managed the Centre of Physical Education and Sport and taught on the MSc in Performance programme. From 2005 until 2012, he was Director of SportPlus Ltd in Central, a company that tested and developed endurance athletes. He has taught various courses for HKU-SPACE since 2001 and on the Chinese University MA programme since 2005 in a number of areas, including coaching, management and performance.
Dennis holds a BPE degree from the University of Alberta in Canada, and two masters degrees and a PhD in exercise and movement science, both from the University of Oregon. He is currently writing a book, entitled Understanding and Developing Performance.
Tom Summers, CSCS, ASCS, MSc
Web Site: http://pinnacleperformance.hk/
Academically Tom has presented on his research into "Physiological Demands of Fast Bowlers in Cricket” and completed his MSc in Sport and Exercise Science with a focus on throwing based athletes, and overhead demands of high speed competition. Practically Tom is the Head of Strength and Conditioning at Pinnacle Performance, a high performance facility in Hong Kong supporting monthly gym members and professional athletes alike. Delivering systems of athlete development across a variety of sports, Tom and his team at Pinnacle provide comprehensive testing, training, and coaching, whilst applying over 15 years of strength and conditioning experience to World Cup winning athletes, international sports teams, and countless amateur athletes.
A Nike Performance Trainer and Ironman himself, Tom offers the experience of how to provide complete athletic development to individuals and teams and will be presenting on the Prevention and Treatment of Sports Injuries, and Sports Nutrition and Health, for the Level 1 Certification Programme.
More about Caliendo
Web Site: www.caliendosportsinternational.com
Head Coach & Director of Baseball Development
Belgium Baseball Federation (1995 – present)
• Responsible for National Team (s) Program Re: 2000 Olympics in Australia.
• Responsible for standardizing the National Team (s) baseball development.
• Responsible for the identification, selection and training of all players and coaches.
Associate Scout, Europe
Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club (1996 to Present)
• Responsible for the identification and evaluation of potential major league baseball prospects throughout Europe.
Member of Baseball Association
• USA Baseball Federation
• American Baseball Coaches Association
• Baseball Coaches Association
• Illinois Summer Collegiate Baseball Board Member
• Technical Committee Member WBSC, World Baseball Softball Confederation
• Steering Committee Member WBSC
• Pitch and Hit Club of Chicago