The School Sports Programme (SSP) is a sports promotion scheme organised by Hong Kong Baseball Association (HKBA) and subvented by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD). The SSP is co-ordinated and implemented by the LCSD, and co-organised by the Education Bureau (EDB), the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and the Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU). The SSP targets at all primary, secondary and special school students in Hong Kong. Its activities are organised in line with the daily schedule of schools to enable students to participate in the activities in their schools during their leisure time.
The objectives of the SSP are to:
- to enrich the lives of students;
- to provide opportunities for students to participate in sports constantly;
- to raise the standard of sports among students;
- to train up more sports volunteers;
- to encourage students to participate in sports and voluntary services related to sports; and
- to foster a sporting culture.
Activities under SSP
HKBA organizes the following SSP subsidiary programmes, namely
- Sport Education Programme
- Easy Sport Programme
- Outreach Coaching Programme
- Joint Schools Sports Training Programme
The above information is extracted from the website of School Sports Programme Unit, Leisure and Cultural Services Department, please visit the SSP website for more information and application procedure.
LCSD Telephone no.: 2601 7602
HKBA Telephone no.: 2504 8330